Passport And Visa
Passport is an official document issued by the government, identifying an individual granting him/her permission to travel abroad and identifying his/her citizenship.
It is the most important travel document needed for any travel outside India.
- A passport is the most essential travel document on your holiday
- Every individual member of your family travelling on the holiday will require a valid passport
- The passport should be valid for at least 6 months for all countries ( 9 months for Malaysia), from the proposed date of return from travel
- The passport should have sufficient number of blank pages for the visas to be stamped/ stickered on your passport
- For Europe and Malaysia visas are not issued on Passports having validity beyond 10 years
- The passport is a legal document issued by the Government of India. Kindly handle your passport carefully as a damaged passport is not acceptable by the consulates/embassies or even the emigration officers at the airport.
How to read your passport-
Below Is The SAMPLE PHOTO OF PASSPORT.
Please remember and note these details carefully as you will require the same when filling certain forms like embarkation/disembarkation/immigration forms.
General Documents Required to Apply For a Visa
- Original passport with minimum validity of 6 months for all countries (Malaysia will require 9 months) from the date of return from travel and sufficient number of blank pages
- Only passports with maximum 10 year validity are acceptable. If you have an old passport with validity beyond 10 years, kindly get the same re-issued before applying for a visa. Old passport to be attached
- Visa forms duly filled and signed by each applicant. For minors, thumb impression of the minor and parent’s signature are required on the visa form
- Latest coloured photographs with a white background as per specifications given to you by our travel consultant depending on the destination of travel
- Personal covering letters addressed to the respective Embassies/Consulates by the head of the family. If the guest is self-employed, then the covering letter should be on a business letter head and a visiting card should also be provided
- Original leave authorization from the employer of the applicant on the employer letterhead for employed applicants/ NOC for Government Employees.
- Last 3 years Income Tax Papers.
- 6 months bank statement with bank stamps and seal
- Documents of assets and investments (FD, NSC, PPF, Property papers, Mutual fund statements etc)
- Shop Act, license, Memorandum of Association, Partnership deed for business or self-employed individuals
Other Supporting Documents
- Honeymooners : Notarized NOC from brides parents (parent’s signature proof), Original marriage cards from both the parties and marriage photographs.
- Minors: Children under 18 years of age travelling without one or both parents or without legal guardian must provide a notarized authorization for travel signed by bothparents /by the parent/ or legal guardian
- Students : Bonafide certificate from educational institution and ID copy/School calendar copy
Points to Note
- All documents should be in English
- The above list of documents are indicative and may vary from time to time and case to case basis
- Some Embassies/Consulates ask for original documents and call for interviews/biometrics (digital fingerprinting)
- Applicants palms/fingers should be free from stains/cuts/mehendi/colours for bio metrics
- It is recommended to carry all the financial/professional/supporting documents in originals along with one set of photocopy
How to Check Your Visa
Below is an example of How to Check your Visa
*The Above information is correct at the time of updation on website.The same is subject to change as per revision from consulate/embassy